Photobucket

Monday 14 January 2008

A normal Monday

I enjoy Mondays really, the daily routine goes back to the beginning and the weekly one starts all over too. It isn't as hectic any more now I dont go out in the mornings. There are no laundry loads to do (until night time), none drying. The house is still really clean and tidy from the weekends spruce. I am looking forward to a spring clean and a chance to decorate a bit, I have such great images of what I want to do to the kitchen Which reminds me I need to get some new serving dishes. I saw some beautiful Martha Stewart ones but they would need to be shipped from USA and that would cost a bit too much, so I'm on the look out for a British equivalent. Maybe in Anthea Turner's new book there will be a suppliers list that might have what I'm after. I've already pre-ordered it but its a long time until May.
I love this little montage (below), trying to find little pictures of housewives and homemaking is difficult, most have degrading comments on them. Which really gets to me, what is so wrong with being a homemaker? I dont think I'll ever work out the answer.
I changed the light bulb in the living room, I was a bit annoyed though as it is a energy saving one and its not been in that long (no more than a year) these are supposed to last about 10 years. I gave the glass shades a good polish, How a dead ladybird was in there I dont know, it wasn't in there last month.

I have my Yankee candles burning, I have a slight addiction to them. They smell so gorgeous and look delightful in their little glass jars. So useful and pretty. I shall use the empty jars in my scrap-house to keep brads and primas in. They will look really cute.
I've got Darla Shine's podcast to listen to later on. Loads of inspiration and motivation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog! And those housewife pictures are inspiring. I think I will print them out and tape on my cleaning schedule! Have a great day!

suzanne from hhwc

Photobucket