Photobucket

Sunday 13 January 2008

Company and fitness

Family time today, my grandparents come over and we went for a walk as one big family. The wind was whistling but it was a refreshing walk and such a lovely way to chat and catch up together. Once home I cooked crumpets for everyone and had a much needed cup of tea to warm us up. After company had gone I set about tackling the hallway and the dirty shoes. The hallway isn't very big and so it doesn't take much to look dirty and messy. As its Sunday is super roast dinner day, usually had a lunch time but due to the walk I left it until the evening, toad in the hole, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, 4 different vegetables, mash potato, one gorgeous Sunday roast. Thats not all, a beautiful steamed chocolate pudding and custard. After all that its the dishwashers job! Its meals like that that I am very thankful for our little busy machine, its only a slimline one but it works lovely for meals such as those.
Feeling satisfied and content we did the school homework and do a bit of reading together.
I dont often get compliments, if I do I am never sure of how to take them, Hubby complimented me on the housekeeping and the way I have looked after myself and the girls. That makes me so proud. Probably helps that I've been re-reading Darla Shines Happy Housewives book and reading up on articles on the Martha Stewart website.
Once the girls were settled and my afternoon jobs were done I went out for a run, around the block. I continuously ran (jogged/trotted) all the way which was 9:30minutes, I was very, very pleased with myself. Since my DR told me not to diet any more and think more of my health than the clothes size and the scales numbers its been hard to think differently but I do want to be fit and healthy, if it means being a size bigger than I had concentrated on thats ok. I need a new release, at the moment running does it.
Time to iron the school clothes (that were ironed yesterday but have mysteriously been crinkled again) and get the lunches ready, always made with love.
:)

No comments:

Photobucket