Photobucket

Wednesday 16 January 2008

Eugh, seriously, I think it was alive...

I washed the leather sofas today (they like Dove soap) so I pulled them out....I have no idea what food item had died underneath it but oh my, it was nasty. It was behind the metal floor tracks, so each time I've pulled it out to wash the floor its just stayed under it! It did resemble an apple core, I think, but my lesson is now learned. Re-enforce the No Food or Drink rule and to make sure I get right under the sofas not just pull them forward. I was embarrassed, and so pleased there was only me and baby girl in the house! It was a shocking "How clean is your house?" moment. Anyway I finished off the sofas and put them back all nice and clean, I waited long enough for these I will definitely make sure I look after them.
The tumble dryer got its maintenance done today also. Sadly no money in it this time, usually I can get a pound or so from it, so I must be checking all the pockets before the wash now and not missing any. I was simple to do, its gets done every month, the water condenser tray and the filter gets done after each load its the condenser filter and air filter that can go a bit longer, it doesn't take long and it gives me a bit of confidence when it comes to possible fire prevention.
I helped out at the FOMS (like a PTA) table top sale today, got some great bargains too, 6 brand new Next school t-shirts, all for £1.20, a couple of books, DVDs and a little toy, and some raffle tickets, all the money goes to the school children. I left early so I hope it went really well and the children get some good funds. I like to help, I like to feel that I can make a difference.
.

No comments:

Photobucket