Photobucket

Sunday 7 October 2007

Weekend fun

I enjoyed myself so much yesterday, its funny how great doing the housework can make you feel. The house looked brilliant yesterday so when Andrew phoned to say some friends were coming over I took it in my stride, no rushing around and hiding things, just a quick check on the bathroom, make sure there is enough toilet roll and a spare nearby if needed, no problems there. I'd just brought some fresh flowers when I went shopping and displayed them in a lovely clear vase. The only thing that was not as I would have liked was G's bed, I'd just washed all her linen (bed linen day remember) and her cot bed things were not dry, but that's hardly a problem in the grant scheme of things. (I was able to remedy this at nappy changing time).
I was highly embarrassed at some points though, the compliments ( I think they were compliments) on how clear and clean the kitchen was and how organised the house was were repeated regularly, I struggled to take them well, I mainly replied, "Thank you, its sometimes hard work but I love it" I have minimal to do today, Sunday lunch is at my grandparents house today so even that's something I will not need to worry about today, leaving me to do the lunches for Monday and the school uniform. Sounds a delightful end to a lovely weekend. We hope to entertain again next weekend, I hope that it goes as well as yesterday.

No comments:

Photobucket