Photobucket

Saturday 13 October 2007

Being community spirited

I love our village, I just wished there was more of a community spirit. Today my two girls and I went daffadil bulb planting in the village as part of a community project. We had great fun, only apart from the organisers there was only myself and one other family joined in, the other family was my dear friend I run the baby and toddler group with. How can you belong to a great community when there is no spirit. I joined the FOMS, friends of Manea school on wednesday to get more involved with the primary school that my eldest goes to and the my youngest will also, thats another ten years of being involved. I thought the best way was to get in there and become part of the team. Yet, only 1% of the intire school parenting population turned up. Thats such a let down, it seems that its a rarity to have pride in your community and your home. Why would anyone want to live in squaller and not care about the area they live in. What joys are there in life then? I do not know the answer to that and Iam glad I dont, I'm glad that we join in wth the activities and try new things, I am glad my home looks precious from the outside and people comment on its appearence. I care and I'm glad it show. So, Take pride in where you are and help in as many ways as you can. It will make the difference to so many people.

No comments:

Photobucket