Photobucket

Tuesday 2 October 2007

Menu planning.

I do my food shopping on a sunday (I find that this keeps the lunch box foods fresher) and then make weekly menus. If anyone has something they would like this can be worked in, if we have a school friend over that is added to. Its something that makes life that bit easier. Everyone knows what we have having for dinner each night, its easier for me to prepare everything, to defrost foods and to organise my time. It helps to keep the freezer and cupboards rotated and the foods used. The shopping list and the weekly menu work very well together. It saves so many "what are we having" "what would you like" conversations. I'm also blessed in having a small dishwasher, its a slimline one but it really helps to get the dishes sorted out. Everyone can load it and its so simple to just slide a plate or a cup in. I love an organised kitchen, granted my baking cupboard needs a little more help and I do not have the space sorted out for all the pans yet, but I will, it will all come together soon. Its all part of being a homemaker, its impossible to do it all in one go but it is always possible to make changes. Of course there are days when I just think my kitchen is too small, not enough storage, not enough natural light loads of things I can often dislike, but then I think of how lucky I am to be able to have the things I do in my kitchen (although I am still missing a coffee maker!). Its about making the most of what you have and getting it organised.

No comments:

Photobucket