Photobucket

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Shopping for your home.

I love to participate in a bit of home bonding, I do it everyday while cleaning and taking care of the home, the extra bit is the part I love. Shopping for the pieces that go in my home, decorating a room and dressing it. A few of my favourite real shops are Dunelm Mill http://www.dunelm-mill.com/ Next http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/ and others, even Tesco and other supermarkets do some lovely things to add to your home. Its not something that I do (or can do) very often but its something I love to browse and take ideas from. We have only decorated the hall and stairway and the living room since we moved in, a few additions are still needed I think but they are fabulous rooms as they are. The next room I'd like to do would be the kitchen, I feel the bathroom and the kitchen are the two most important rooms in the home, as they are both concerned with cleanliness and organisation. Which leads me to thinking about how to decorate and dress the kitchen, our new dining table and chairs should be here by the end of October, oak and brown leather, currently the kitchen is a terracotta colour but I am not over keen on it, but I am not sure yet which way to take it, it must look clean and be fresh and bright. Maybe a nice cream with the colour coming from the accessories. There is one blank wall completely where the heater (unused) runs, I wanted to remove this heater but we have to think along the lines of the benefits when it comes to reselling, which means that I need to work around this, the table goes along that wall too which practically masks it. I think a nice trip to research ideas and colours is needed, a trip to the diy store to collected the latest colour charts and an in depth research outing for the accessories. A well decorated and thought out room gives the area a better feel and boosts pride in the home.

No comments:

Photobucket