Photobucket

Tuesday 18 March 2008

The cutest cookies

These are from yesterday. Amy and I made cookies, I really need to get some new cutters as I had to borrow these two from my friend.

Tiny Pink Cookies

50g (2oz) butter, softened
25g (1oz) icing sugar
drop of food colouring
1 tsp milk
drop of vanilla essence
75g (3oz) plain flour
2 baking trays wiped with cooking oil

Heat oven to 180c, 350f


cream the butter and icing sugar, add the food colouring mix well, add milk and vanilla, then sift flour and make a ball (get your hands in!) Roll out onto a floured surface and cut out as many biscuits as you can, around 5mm (1/4") thick. Prick cookies with a fork (or cocktail stick, just to make patterns) and then bake for approx 6-8minutes, leave on a tray to cool.

Hope that was ok to follow. Managed to nab the photo when there were only 5 left!

I love baking with Amy, and I love the recipe cards we use, from a company called Osbourn Books, they had fab little cards, all things, crafty and cooking. They are smart because Amy can pick one and then we can go to the store and get everything we need. I think it teaches her alot.

We also made cute little decorated eggs (hard boiled) for a school competition. Here are Robin Hood and Maid Marion

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are THE most adorable eggs I've ever seen! I love them!!

Photobucket